Gain skills and knowledge in all aspects and issues of logistics in a sustainable supply chain. These include purchasing and procurement of materials, inventory flow and control, storage and material handling in warehousing, economics of mode of transport, and distribution and shipment.
- The overall course objective is for students to gain skills and knowledge in all aspects and issues of logistics in a sustainable supply chain. These include purchasing and procurement of materials, inventory flow and control, storage and material handling in warehousing, economics of mode of transport, and distribution and shipment. The detailed course objectives are to:
- Provide students with the principles and practices, knowledge and attributes of a Logistic professional required in the increasingly complex global business environment.
- Develop the knowledge and skills in the development and operation of integrated logistics, supply management, warehousing, inventory, transport and sustainable business relationships in an international business environment.
- To understand the impact of logistics functions and their integration with other business functions.
- To assess, monitor and maintain quality systems in logistic through the effective use of information technology, human resources and accounting processes.
- Enable students to research, critique and evaluate the implementation of cost effective solutions to assist enterprises enhance their competitive advantage.
- Develop independent and academic learning skills, thereby facilitating graduates ongoing professional development, including further study at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
With a qualification in transport, logistics and supply chain from VU, you’ll have the potential to connect with any industry, anywhere in the world. Our hands-on workplace learning, coupled with teachers with extensive industry experience, will give you the advantage and the confidence to get ahead in your career inventory.
To qualify for admission to the course, an applicant must have successfully completed a course of study at year 12 or equivalent*. Year 12 Prerequisites: Units 3 and 4 – study score of at least 20 in English.
On campus (face-to-face)
For more information please call us directly +61 3 9919 6100
Find answers and ask questions at GOTOVU