Transport Networks connect a supply chain and are an important element in achieving high levels of customer service at the best possible price. This one day course introduces supply chain managers, transport managers and planners to the design of transport networks and techniques that can be used to minimise transport costs.
- Types of networks
- Graph theory concepts
- Shortest paths and minimum spanning trees
- The classical linear program – transportation model
- The transhipment problem
- Location allocation problems
- Computer applications for network analysis
- Evaluating network analysis packages
This is an advanced course which requires students to be familiar with topics in mathematics such as linear algebra or linear programming. The course will use Excel Solver applications to solve some small supply chain optimisation networks.
Dr. David Wilson
+61 419 374 776