This course introduces warehousing methods and the competitive advantage provided by modern warehousing systems. It is presented by expert supply chain managers and transport experts.
- Introduction to warehousing – why have a warehouse?
- Warehousing as a profit centre
- Location of warehouses
- Best practise in warehousing
- Layout and design
- Picking systems
- Managing the warehouse effectively
- Measuring productivity and efficiency
Field trip to state of the art warehouse
The course begins with lectures in a class room environment. It is aimed at students with experience in warehousing seeking to upgrade their knowledge and expertise. Students will interact with experienced logistics managers and work on case studies. Day 2 is a field trip to a warehouse to study operations and policy applications.
2 days in Melbourne
Classroom/ Field Trip
Dr. David Wilson
+61 419 374 776