About CILT Australia
The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport Australia (CILTA) is the one truly INTERNATIONAL organisation representing members in Transport & Logistics across all States and Territories of Australia. Established in the UK in 1919, and operating in Australia since 1935, CILTA is part of a worldwide membership of over 33,000 members working in 100+ countries.
CILTA covers all those who work transporting passengers, moving freight and managing Australian domestic and international supply chains from the most junior school leaver to the most senior CEOs.
CILTA’s unique accreditation and development programs, along with its networking and event opportunities truly offer its members ‘the way forward for industry professionals’.
The principal objective of CILTA is to “Promote and Encourage the Art and Science of Logistics and Transport”. It provides leadership in research, policy and professional development and supports continuous improvement in the industry.
CILT Australia Membership
Be professionally recognised for your qualification and experience within the Transport and Logistics Industry.
What does CILTA membership offer you?
- Belong to a worldwide network and prestigious institution
- Access professional development and specialised educational opportunities
- Broaden your opportunities for advancement within the industry
- Attend networking events, field and onsite visits to actual operations
- Build strong and enduring relationships with like minded professionals
- Receive the most up to date and significant industry news
- Gain recognition for your experience and qualifications within the industry
In joining CILTA you become a member of a global body that offers great support in Australia for your career, our profession and for the Australian economy and community.
CILTA membership is a powerful investment in your career as a Transport and Logistics professional.
The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Australia is a unique association. We are the only professional association for people working in passenger transport as well as Australia’s freight supply chains and we have strong, valuable links to other CILT branches around the world. As T&L becomes increasingly globalised T&L professionals need the support of CILTA as a truly international association. We cover all of T&L here in Australia and world-wide.
As a CILTA member your benefits, at a glance, are
- Get involved with other T&L professionals and our industry online or face to face at our many events covering supply chain, passenger transport and young professional streams
- Stay informed about the issues and developments that effect you with our daily, weekly, monthly and six monthly updates, as well as local site visits and functions
- Be recognised for your skills, qualifications and experience, and recognise excellence in other individuals and organisations with our membership grades, the Certified Practicing Logistician and Transport Planner recognitions and the National T&L Industry Excellence Award Series
- Develop the skills needed for your future in T&L with our growing number of short courses, mentoring programs, Certificate programs, Diplomas and more advanced study.