Academic Lecturer – Operations / Logistics
Full Time Permanent role
The Australian Institute of Business (AIB) is a leading higher education provider which provides accredited undergraduate, postgraduate and research qualifications in Business. Based in Adelaide, South Australia, AIB courses are offered through an Online Learning model.
You will be part of a supportive team which is focussed on achieving an outstanding student experience in a scholarly environment.
- Preparing/updating/reviewing learning materials, assessments and solutions to ensure a quality student learning experience
- Providing academic guidance to, and preparing subject delivery packs for, online facilitators
- Interacting pro-actively with students through webinars and the learning management system (e.g. forum)
- Providing academic support to students
- Marking and moderating assessments
- Assessing exemption / credit transfer requests
- Sharing and presenting knowledge and expertise internally and/or externally at conferences as required
- Documenting face to face and telephone student interactions and updating the student system accordingly
- Participating in the development of student service improvement initiatives
- Supervising postgraduate research projects
- Actively participating in AIB’s Scholarship Program
You will have:
- A PhD in the relevant discipline area
- A strong interest in teaching (supported by a record of achievement, for example teaching awards, student feedback)
- The ability to work independently to meet student needs and contribute to increased student satisfaction and student retention
- A Customer Service Focus and high level communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in teaching subjects in the discipline area in a higher education setting (including developing/updating materials, designing assessments, moderation)
- Up-to-date discipline area knowledge (as evidenced by your record of research) and Higher Education pedagogical principles.
View the full position description at http://www.uni-recruit.com.au/current-roles.
Forward a copy of your current resume (in Word format) and a Cover Letter addressing your suitability for the role to Michael Toohey via email to [email protected].
Confidential enquiries can also be made by phoning Michael Toohey (Principal, UniRecruit) on +61 (0)418 883 807