Ensure team effectiveness applies to managers and addresses the need for managers to facilitate work teams and to build a positive culture within work teams. It takes a systematic and planned approach to developing teams. It includes the soft skills as well as more structured approaches to the management of teams.
At this level, work will normally be carried out within complex and diverse methods and procedures which require the exercise of considerable discretion and judgement, using a range of problem solving and decision making strategies.
- Become familiar with some of the key theories on leadership
- Determine how theory is applied to organisational requirements in a practice
- Understand the generic principles of what motivates people to perform at high levels
- Be knowledgeable of the two main theories of motivation based on Maslow and Hertzberg’s thinking
- Have a range of practical motivating skills to apply in differing situations
- Be able to create teams that are engaged with their work
- Acquire techniques for giving feedback without losing motivation
BSBWOR502B (Unit from Diploma of Management)
Participants who satisfactorily complete all the units from the Diploma of Management will be awarded the Certificate (Diploma of Management BSB51107) and 100CPD Points.
Completion of any of the units within the Certificate will result in a Statement of Attainment.