This course is designed to develop competent rail industry assessors who can assess within the requirements of the Rail Safety Act (2008) or in-house competency recognition schemes. The ARA and AROs such as MTM, ARTC, V/Line and others require assessors to possess this qualification.
The course covers the Assessment Cluster from the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110). The course also addresses the equivalency requirements of UK’s TAQA Level 3 Assessor qualification, so it is suitable for developing IRSE Assessors. The course uses railway case studies and contexts to maximise the learning relevancy to rail industry employees.
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- plan and organise the assessment process including recognition of prior learning (RPL), in the rail industry’s competency based assessment system
- assess the competence of a rail employees
- competently validate their industry assessments
Units of Competency include:
- TAEASS301 Contribute to assessment
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
This course will take the equivalent of three days of online learning with six virtual classroom tutorials.
There is also a one day assessment activity in the workplace.
On-line and workplace assessment
People wishing become an assessor in schemes such as IRSE, MTM or ARTC will need a degree of industry experience—a requirement that is independent of this course.
Participants that complete all on-line course activities and the assessments will receive a Certificate of Achievement from Web Rail.
Participants who have a Certificate of Achievement and who demonstrate competency in all aspects of assessment will receive a formal Statement of Attainment from a Registered Training Organisation.
Start your training now!