An effective and efficient public transport system is a key part Australia’s continued economic growth, environmental health and social well-being. This course provides students with an understanding of leading practice principles for an integrated approach to public transport planning, which is needed to increase the effectiveness of public transport services and improve mobility, accessibility and the environment.
This a blended learning course, involving pre-work, which includes background readings and reflection activities, prior to attending the two 1 ½ day intensive short courses. The online pre-work has been designed to help you get the most out of the course.
Who should attend?
- Professionals involved in planning, designing and monitoring public transport, especially state and local government staff, operators, consultants and contractors
- Professionals new to public transport or wanting a refresher, as well as those wanting a broader understanding of public transport.
*Articulation to the Graduate Certificate in Public Transport is available.
Dates & Times
15-17 March 2017 | 8:30am-4:30pm
Strategy & Planning
- Strategic Context for Public Transport: Explain the context for public transport planning.
- Stakeholder & Community Engagement: Demonstrate the application of stakeholder and community engagement principles.
- Developing Public Transport Options: Describe and evaluate public transport options.
- Resourcing Public Transport Programs: Outline the resourcing needs and processes for public transport.
- Planning for Public Transport: Be able to plan for public transport infrastructure and services.
Bring it all, together – group exercise
Policy & Regulation
- Policy, Policy Processes and Policy Analysis: Illustrate the application of policy and policy processes.
- Public Transport Policy Context: Explain the public transport policy context.
- Public Transport Policy Options: Develop the capacity to identify and assess policy options.
- Public Transport Organisation and Institutions: Describe the role and practice of public transport institutions.
- Public Transport Delivery and Regulation: Summarise the options for the delivery of public transport and associated regulatory
Bring it all together – group exercise
- 3 day course is $1360.00 plus gst
- Assessment pack $180.00 plus gst
Prof Phil Charles
UQ Business School Executive Venue
Level 19, Central Plaza One,
345 Queen St (cnr Creek St), Brisbane