Public transport is heavily influenced by policy, regulatory and institutional frameworks and the financial environment in which services operate. This foundation course aims to provide basic skills and knowledge for public transport professionals to understand the context in which they work and how it impacts roles and responsibilities.
This a blended learning course, involving pre-work, which includes background readings and reflection activities, prior to attending the three day intensive short course including presentations, case studies and group exercises. The online pre-work has been designed to help you get the most out of the course.
Successful completion of the optional assessment can provide credit towards the UQ Graduate Certificate in Public Transport and additional 15CPD
Who should attend?
- Professionals involved in planning, designing and monitoring public transport, especially state and local government staff, operators, consultants and contractors
- Professionals new to public transport or wanting a refresher, as well as those wanting a broader understanding of public transport.
Dates & Times
1 – 3 March 2017 | 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Context of Public Transport: Explain the public transport context, including policy, regulatory and institutional frameworks
- Strategies for Public Transport: Describe the urban transport planning process
- Demand for Public Transport: Describe the factors that influence the demand for public transport
- Economics of Public Transport: Identify the drivers and mechanics that impact upon the economics of public transport
- Evaluation of Public Transport Projects: Summarise the basic principles and methodologies used in evaluating public transport projects.
- Public Transport Modes: Demonstrate the process of identifying, analysing and selecting public transport modes
- Public Transport Market Perspectives: Identify the factors affecting public transport patronage
- Business Case for Public Transport: Identify the key elements of a business case for public transport
- Public Transport Data Collection and Analysis: Summarise public transport data collection and analysis requirements
- Managing Public Transport Performance: Outline the basic principles and methodologies used in managing public transport performance.
- Public Transport Futures: Analyse the potential challenges and opportunities from emerging economic, social and technology trends
- Bringing it all together – group exercise
3 day course is $1360.00 plus gst
Assessment pack $180.00 plus gst
Prof Phil Charles
UQ Business School Executive Venue
Level 19, Central Plaza One,
345 Queen St (cnr Creek St), Brisbane