The Master of Science offers students the opportunity to either complete a single major in Logistics or a double major in both Logistics and Project Management.
The Master of Science (Logistics) is designed to provide professionals working in logistics and operations management, particularly in the manufacturing, transport, retail and service industries, with the skills to manage the flow of materials and information within and between organisations and their business environment. Students will learn how to implement a supply chain strategy within an organisation and develop skills in forecasting, production and service planning.
By combining Logistics with Project Management as a double major, students will be equipped with comprehensive project management skills and strategies for dealing with a broad range of issues encountered within business organisations.
On campus (face-to-face)
MSc (Logistics): 1 year full-time (3 trimesters) or part-time equivalent
MSc (Logistics & Project Management): 1.33 years full-time (4 trimesters) or part-time equivalent
February, May and August
MSc (Logistics) – On Application
MSc (Logistics & Project Management) – On Application
On completion of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate competence and autonomy in applying and evaluating theory and practice in the field of management science.
- Critically assess and propose solutions to management science problems.
- Apply interdisciplinary knowledge to make and justify independent decisions in complex environments.
- Communicate effectively in cross-functional, cross-organisational and cross-cultural teams using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Conduct an independent research project on a management sciences topic, demonstrating professional judgement in explaining and communicating their research findings.
Dr Tillmann Boehme
MScience Program Director
Sydney Business School