Manage Personal Work Priorities & Professional Development looks at the demands that are placed on you as a frontline manager, and the strategies needed to find a comfortable balance between the competing demands of work and life.
This course really emphasises the things that you need to know and do to manage yourself at work. It stresses the importance of setting goals and meeting priorities, analysing information and using a range of strategies to develop further competence.
- Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- Review the seven habits of highly effective people
- Delegate to others in an effective way
- Prioritise within a highly effective time management system to identify issues of urgency
- Avoid the “time-wasters” and use technology to save time
- Know how and when to say “no” and to suggest other solutions
- Apply basic project management skills to ensure that risk is minimized and outcomes are reached
- Use communication skills as a way of managing workflow
BSBWOR501B (Unit from Diploma of Management)
Participants who satisfactorily complete all the units from the Diploma of Management will be awarded the Certificate (Diploma of Management BSB51107) and 100CPD Points.
Completion of any of the units within the Certificate will result in a Statement of Attainment.