Managing the performance of others is an ongoing cycle of planning, setting tasks, reviewing performance, talking and listening to team members. ‘Managing Everyday Performance’ will help candidates to work within a performance management system, confidently prepare for a performance review, conduct reviews and give constructive feedback.
- Set program objectives and identify key outcomes
- Use the DISC profiling process to recognize different behavioural styles
- Learn to adapt your own style in a range of situations
- Review two key communication tools – Transactional Analysis and CASE
- Utilise and gain experience in applying these models for holding tough conversations to improve team effectiveness and to manage performance
- Gain insight into giving useful feedback to improve performance
BSBMGT502B – (Unit from Diploma of Management)
Participants who satisfactorily complete all the units from the Diploma of Management will be awarded the Certificate (Diploma of Management BSB51107) and 100CPD Points.
Completion of any of the units within the Certificate will result in a Statement of Attainment.